What’s better than a colorful, nutrient-dense salad to kick off your summer?
Summer Salad that will leave you FULL
- 1 bunch of kale (around 6 cups)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (optional, remover for vegan)
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt & a pinch of black pepper
- Cook quinoa.
- Wash kale and blueberries.
- Chop kale and then massage with lemon juice. Massaging kale for a few minutes helps it to be less rigid and not as bitter.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Combine salad items and enjoy! Great by itself or with some whole wheat crackers or whole wheat toast.
What Do You Put In A Salad For Summer?
Consider adding these other ingredients to your summer salad recipes for other fresh flavors:
- White Bean
- Black Bean
- Red onion
- Additional summer vegetables like green beans or squash
- You can also change up the salad dressing, try a mustard vinaigrette or simple olive oil and lemon dressing
- Orzo Salad
- Corn Salad
- Chicken Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Potato Salad
- Grain Salad
- Vegetable Salad
Here at the Prenatal Nutritionist, we hope this salad recipe and other ideas take some of the stress out of maintaining a healthy pregnancy diet!
Eating healthy shouldn’t be a chore, especially during pregnancy. However, with everything else that comes with growing a new human, it can be hard to keep up a good diet. That’s why we’re here to help!
This healthy recipe is perfect for pregnancy, and we hope we’ve inspired you to give it a try! With plenty of weeknight and weekend options, we know you’ll find at least a few options that you and your family will love. And if your looking for even more ideas and nutrition guidance, join TPNL with code 50off at checkout!
For more on prenatal nutrition, head over to our blog. And, if you’re tired of conflicting Google answers, sign up for the Prenatal Nutrition Library today. The Prenatal Nutrition Library is a searchable database, so you will have peace of mind that what you are eating during pregnancy is safe and nutritious. According to one of our members, “TPNL takes away a lot of worry about what to eat, and I love that everything is backed by evidence!”. Find more details here!