Savory Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: ~ 8 (depends on serving size)
- 1- 1.5 lbs stew meat
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s tiny white potatoes
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- ½ Acorn Squash
- 2 shallots
- 32 oz. broth (veggie, beef, or chicken)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp flour (any kind including almond meal, coconut flour, whole wheat)
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash carrots, potatoes, & acorn squash. Cut ½ of the acorn squash into cubes and then dice the shallots.
- Drizzle a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in the bottom of the pot and then use the saute feature to cook the stew meat. Add shallots and salt/pepper.
- Once the meat has browned, add potatoes, carrots, and acorn squash.
- Add broth, tomato paste, and then additional seasoning.
- Change setting to stew. Put the lid on and seal. Set it to normal pressure and then cook for 30 minutes.
- Once the stew is done, release the steam. Once the steam has been released, open the lid. Switch to saute feature again.
- Take ¼ of the liquid out and mix it in a separate bowl with 2 tbsp flour. Stir until completely mixed together.
- Put gravy mixture back in the pot and stir until stew becomes thicker.
- Let cool a bit and serve!
It was honestly that easy!
It fed my husband and I all week and then we made it the next week, too. In fact, I added acorn squash because that is what I had, you could add any other kind of squash, peas, spinach, etc.